We went in to the pediatrician’s office to follow up on yesterday’s trip to the urgent care–not to his regular one, who was not in today, but the same one that saw him when he had the masto.iditis. The nurse checked his blood oxygen level and then the doctor came in. She listened to his chest and back and started him on a breathing treatment, then said she’d be back and left the room. When she came back she told us that she had gone to look at the x-rays and paperwork the urgent care had sent over because it didn’t sound like bronc.hiolitis to her, and sure enough she was right. He actually has pne.umonia that she could see on the x-ray, which may be why today he didn’t even seem like he had been treated at all–although he did seem to be having an easier time breathing right after the inhaler tube thing. She was pretty frustrated that they had missed it and that he was never actually seen by a doctor, only by a nurse practitioner. If they had realized it at the urgent care they could have started him on antibiotics then instead of him going almost another 24 hours with no treatment for it.
So anyway, they gave him a second breathing treatment, a shot of antibiotics in his leg, and sent us home with a loaner nebulizer and meds that we have to use every 4 hours. It takes longer but he’s much less resistant to it than the tube and even fell asleep on my wife during the treatments so hopefully tonight will go smoothly for me since she’s at work. Last night was NOT fun on my own. They said I can even leave him in bed and just hold it up by his face while he sleeps and that’s fine, as long as the loud ass machine doesn’t wake him, of course. Tomorrow morning we (or possibly just my wife since I also have to go in to get blood drawn) will be taking him back in to see his regular pediatrician, get a second shot of antibiotics, and see how he’s doing and if he needs to continue on the nebulizer. My dad’s going to come over again and watch him for the late morning/afternoon so my wife can sleep and I don’t have to miss more work than necessary since he definitely can’t go back to daycare yet. I just want my happy crazy baby back!


3 Responses to “wrong.”

  1. 1 Tori January 27, 2011 at 12:59 am

    Oh man! It just doesn’t end for you guys! That sucks. Poor little Monkey man! 😦 Hope he responds better to these treatments and that you and FF can get some much needed stress-free rest! HUGS!

  2. 2 wishinghopingpraying January 27, 2011 at 2:26 am

    Oh no! Poor all of you. I am so glad you took him back in and he is on the right treatment now. I hope some healthy days and rest are in your very near future.

  3. 3 Kristen January 27, 2011 at 9:20 am

    Oh man — good thing you saw the other doctor. I hope he gets better soon!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

January 2011
« Dec   Feb »



November 2010


%d bloggers like this: